New to Charles County Public Schools (CCPS) is an online student registration system for parents. The system is active and available on the school system website at https://www.ccboe.com/index.php/online-registration.
The website features details about the registration process, what is required for parents enrolling a student new to CCPS and an easy-to-follow video tutorial. The registration website also includes step-by-step directions for users.
Parents with students already enrolled in CCPS can register another child using an active ParentVue account. A registration tab is located in the upper right-hand corner of all active ParentVue accounts. Click the tab to begin registration.
To find out what school a child is zoned to attend, parents can use the School Locator mapping system available online at http://redistrictingschoollocator.ccboe.com/default.aspx?load=addressInput.
Parents new to CCPS must first create a ParentVue account to register online using a valid email address. Click here to start the registration process. New users must select create new account from the more options menu area (located underneath the word Login).
The online registration process requires users to upload document copies and/or images of required documents. A school staff member will review all online registrations and screen submissions to ensure all required information is submitted.
Parents can also complete the registration process in person using a computer or kiosk at their child’s zoned school. Parents should contact the school to see if they need to set up an appointment.
All children entering CCPS must have the following information:
- A physical examination by a physician or certified practitioner (parents must submit proof of a physical examination completed between nine months before or six months after entering school);
- Proof of required immunizations against communicable diseases (Department of Health and Mental Hygiene 896 form is available online at https://www.ccboe.com/ss/forms-and-important-links/);
- The child’s birth certificate or other acceptable proof of birth (passport/visa; physician’s certificate; baptismal or church certification; hospital certificate; or birth registration). If the child was born in Maryland, a copy of his/her birth certificate is available for purchase from the Charles County Department of Health. Call 301-609-6900 for details;
- Two proofs of domicile (residency). A complete list of acceptable proofs of domicile is posted on the school system website at https://www.ccboe.com/ss/how-to-register/. Call the CCPS Department of Student Services at 301-934-7326 with questions about proofs of domicile.
- Proof that the student has completed the grade prior to the one in which the parent is seeking enrollment, such as a report card marked promoted; and
- Students who are transferring from another school in Maryland should also have a copy of the Student Record Card 7 that is completed by the sending school. The Student Record Card 7 is also called the Maryland Student Withdrawal/Transfer Record.
Parents are responsible for notifying the school system of any change in address.
Charles County Public Schools provides 27,108 students in grades prekindergarten through 12 with an academically challenging education. Located in Southern Maryland, Charles County Public Schools has 36 schools that offer a technologically advanced, progressive and high quality education that builds character, equips for leadership and prepares students for life, careers and higher education.
The Charles County public school system does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability in its programs, activities or employment practices. For inquiries, please contact Kathy Kiessling, Title IX/ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (students) or Nikial Majors, Title IX/ADA/Section 504 coordinator (employees/ adults), at Charles County Public Schools, Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building, P.O. Box 2770, La Plata, MD 20646; 301-932-6610/301-870-3814. For special accommodations call 301-934-7230 or TDD 1-800-735-2258 two weeks prior to the event.