Charles County Public Schools (CCPS) hosted its 2021 Middle School Archery Tournament on Nov. 19 at Milton M. Somers Middle School. Archers from the county’s public middle schools participated, divided by grade level into boy and girl teams. The top boy and girl archer by grade were recognized, as well as teams overall.
- Rylie Rich, sixth grade, Piccowaxen Middle School, 139 points.
- Chandler Robinson, sixth grade, Matthew Henson Middle School, 144 points.
- Aubriana Harrington, seventh grade, Henson, 133 points.
- Colton Scott, seventh grade, Henson, 104 points.
- Devin Embrey, eighth grade, Henson, 104 points.
- Mason Truesdell, eighth grade, Piccowaxen, 160 points.
Team winners also are chosen at each grade level. The following teams earned first, second or third place:
- Theodore G. Davis, first place, 199 points.
- Henson, second place, 187 points.
- Piccowaxen, third place, 182 points.
- Piccowaxen, first place, 272 points.
- Henson, second place, 225 points.
- Davis, third place, 150 points.
- Henson, first place, 244 points.
- Somers, second grade, 155 points.
- Davis, third place, 137 points.
- Somers, first place, 186 points.
- Henson, second place, 179 points.
- Davis, third place, 149 points.
- Henson, first place, 182 points.
- Davis, second place, 162 points.
- Piccowaxen, third place, 157 points.
- Piccowaxen, first place, 304 points.
- Davis, second place, 253 points.
- Henson, third place, 244 points.
Overall team totals:
- Henson, 1,261 points.
- Piccowaxen, 1,137 points.
- Davis, 1,050 points.
- Somers, 891 points.
- Smallwood, 400 points.
- Mattawoman, 310 points.
Charles County Public Schools provides 27,000 students in grades prekindergarten through 12 with an academically challenging education. Located in Southern Maryland, Charles County Public Schools has 37 schools that offer a technologically advanced, progressive and high quality education that builds character, equips for leadership and prepares students for life, careers and higher education.
The Charles County public school system does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability in its programs, activities or employment practices. For inquiries, please contact Kathy Kiessling, Title IX/ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (students) or Nikial M. Majors, Title IX/ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (employees/ adults), at Charles County Public Schools, Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building, P.O. Box 2770, La Plata, MD 20646. 301-932-6610/301-870-3814. For special accommodations call 301-934-7230 or TDD 1-800-735-2258 two weeks prior to the event.
CCPS provides nondiscriminatory equal access to school facilities in accordance with its Use of Facilities rules to designated youth groups (including, but not limited to, the Boy Scouts).