Charles County Public Schools, in partnership with other county agencies, is offering the summer food service program from June 24 to Aug. 9. The program is free and is provided by multiple Charles County agencies and organizations, and through the Federal Meals program. Acceptance and participation requirements for the summer food service program are the same for all, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
Lunches are served Monday through Friday and times and locations vary. The following sites are participating in the program at the times listed, and all lunches must be consumed on site:
- Henry E. Lackey High School, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.; and
- Westlake High School, 11 to 11:45 a.m.
Meals will also be distributed at the following mobile sites at the times listed from June 24 through Aug. 9:
Waldorf mobile sites
- Dr. Gustavus Brown Elementary School, 10 a.m. to 10:15 a.m.;
- Eva Turner Elementary School, 10:20 to 10:35 a.m.;
- Wakefield Community Center, 10:45 to 11 a.m.;
- Children's Aid Society, 11:10 to 11:25 a.m.;
- Tri-County Youth Services, 11:30 to 11:45 a.m.;
- Ell Lane Apartments, 11:50 a.m. to 12:05 p.m.;
- Idle Wood Trailer Park, 12:10 to 12:25 p.m.;
- Elite Gymnastics, 12:30 to 12:45 p.m.;
- Mattawoman Middle School, 1:40 to 1:55 p.m.
Nanjemoy mobile sites
- 12050 Lovers Place, 10:45 to 11:05 a.m.;
- 10890 Rising Sun Place, 11:20 to 11:40 a.m.;
- 3235 Naomi Place, 11:55 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.;
- 10805 Gethsemane Hall Place, 12:30 to 12:50 p.m.;
- 4205 Apricot Place, 1:05 to 1:25 p.m.;
- 13137 Walnut Grove Place, 1:40 to 2 p.m.; and
- 2402 Maryland Point Road, 2:15 to 2:40 p.m.
Indian Head mobile sites
- Potomac Heights, 2 Cypress Place, 11:30 to 11:50 a.m.;
- Riverside Run, 41 Jameson Court, 12 to 12:30 p.m.; and
- Woodland Village, 99 Thompson Lane, 12:40 to 1:10 p.m.
La Plata mobile sites
- Thunderbird Apartments, 11 to 11:20 a.m.;
- Relax Inn, 11:30 to 11:50 a.m.; and
- Phoenix Run, 12:10 to 12:30 p.m.
Any child who is 18-years-old and under is eligible to receive a lunch at one of the sites. Lunches are prepared by the Charles County Public Schools Food Services department and may consist of a sandwich, fruit, vegetable and milk, and will vary each day of the week.
Children receiving lunches at the school sites will be served along with those participating in summer camps through the Recreation Division of the Charles County Department of Community Services. These sites are staffed by the Recreation Division, and LifeStyles Inc. of Maryland is providing program support at several locations.
Limited Van Go passes for transportation to and from camp locations are available. Call 301-934-7326 or 301-609-9900 to obtain a pass. Homeless children, identified by Charles County Public Schools and the Department of Social Services, who are 12-years-old and older and are a CCPS student, are eligible to receive free pool passes.
County agencies involved are the Charles County Department of Community Services – Recreation Division, the Charles County Department of Social Services, the Charles County Advocacy Council for Children, Youth and Families, and LifeStyles, Inc.
Charles County Public Schools provides 26,700 students in grades prekindergarten through 12 with an academically challenging education. Located in Southern Maryland, Charles County Public Schools has 35 caring community schools that offer a technologically advanced, progressive and high quality education that builds character, equips for leadership and prepares students for life, careers and higher education.