New Zoom log-in step
Starting Thursday, Sept. 3, Charles County Public Schools (CCPS) students will have to log in to Zoom when joining their first scheduled class. In StudentVue, students can join a class under their scheduled meetings or by clicking the Calendar tab and selecting the Join Now button next to the meeting. When they click the Join Now button for their first meeting, a Zoom log-in page will appear. Students will need to follow the steps below to verify their Zoom account.
- Click on the Sign In with SSO button.
- Select ccboe as the domain.
- Enter their email user name. This is their student identification number followed by @ccboe.com. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Enter their StudentVue password.
- The student will then enter the waiting room.
Students using CCPS-issued devices will not have to complete this additional sign in because they already use their user name and password to log on to the device. Students using personal devices will have to verify their Zoom account every 30 days.
This is an additional security layer enabled by CCPS for Zoom accounts to ensure only students on a class roster enter a class.
Updating a Zoom display name
When teachers allow students to enter an online Zoom class, he/she reviews student display names in the waiting room to ensure they match a class roster. If a student’s display name does not match the legal name CCPS has on file, they will not be admitted to the class. This is the name listed in a child’s StudentVue account at the top left-hand side of the home screen.
Parents and students should follow the steps below to check their child’s Zoom display name.
- Go to ccboe.zoom.us and click on the blue Sign In button.
- Sign-in details are a child’s CCPS student ID followed by @ccboe.com as the user name. For example, email@example.com and then a child’s StudentVue password.
- When the page opens, users should click on the Edit button on the top right-hand side of the page. This will allow you to enter a students’ legal first and last name.
- Click on the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page.
- Teachers will see the display name in the waiting room of a Zoom class.
This is an additional security layer enabled by CCPS for Zoom accounts to ensure all students are using the proper name listed on a class roster.
Charles County Public Schools provides 27,521 students in grades prekindergarten through 12 with an academically challenging education. Located in Southern Maryland, Charles County Public Schools has 37 schools that offer a technologically advanced, progressive and high quality education that builds character, equips for leadership and prepares students for life, careers and higher education.
The Charles County public school system does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability in its programs, activities or employment practices. For inquiries, please contact Kathy Kiessling, Title IX/ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (students) or Nikial Majors, Title IX/ADA/Section 504 coordinator (employees/ adults), at Charles County Public Schools, Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building, P.O. Box 2770, La Plata, MD 20646; 301-932-6610/301-870-3814. For special accommodations call 301-934-7230 or TDD 1-800-735-2258 two weeks prior to the event. CCPS provides nondiscriminatory equal access to school facilities in accordance with its Use of Facilities rules to designated youth groups (including, but not limited to, the Boy Scouts).