Eighteen Charles County Public Schools (CCPS) students were recently selected to participate in All-State band, chorus and orchestra ensembles. Middle and high school students from all over the state of Maryland participate in the audition process.
Thousands of students audition to be a part of the All-State ensembles. The audition process requires students to play or sing musical scales, a prepared solo and a site-reading piece before a panel of judges. The top scoring students are then selected to participate in the concerts, held annually.
The students selected to play in the All-State ensembles are as follows:
High school participants:
- Josh Lewis, sophomore, band, La Plata High School;
- Patrick Wathen, senior, chorus, La Plata;
- Pateley Bongiorni, senior, chorus, Maurice J. McDonough High School;
- Genesis Burch, senior, chorus, McDonough;
- Faith Hawkins, junior, chorus, McDonough;
- Brianna Lewis, senior, chorus, McDonough;
- Christina Paras, senior, band, McDonough;
- Noah Perry, sophomore, chorus, McDonough;
- Katelyn Turner, senior, band, McDonough;
- Dominick Agazzi, senior, band, North Point High School;
- Amanda Crehan, junior, chorus, North Point;
- Keion Farrer, senior, chorus, North Point;
- Noah Gibson, senior, chorus, North Point;
- Olivia Johnson, senior, chorus, North Point; and
- Antonio Robinson, senior, chorus, Westlake High School.
Middle school participants:
- Barachel Butler, eighth grade, chorus, Mattawoman Middle School;
- Aaron Oliveria, seventh grade, chorus, Benjamin Stoddert Middle School; and
- Adrian Paras, eighth grade, band, Stoddert.
Charles County Public Schools provides 26,500 students in grades prekindergarten through 12 with an academically challenging education. Located in Southern Maryland, Charles County Public Schools has 35 schools that offer a technologically advanced, progressive and high quality education that builds character, equips for leadership and prepares students for life, careers and higher education.
The Charles County public school system does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age or disability in its programs, activities or employment practices. For inquiries, please contact Dr. Patricia Vaira, Title IX Coordinator and Section 504 Coordinator (students) or Connie W. Armstead, Section 504 Coordinator (employees/adults), at Charles County Public Schools, central office building, P.O. Box 2770, La Plata, Maryland 20646. 301-932-6610/301-870-3814. For special accommodations call 301-934-7230 or TDD 1-800-735-2258 two weeks prior to the event.