The Board of Education’s next regular meeting is 1 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 8. The Board will meet in person at the Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building in La Plata. In order to maintain social distancing and safety guidelines in place, there is no public access to the Starkey Building for this meeting. The meeting will stream live on the Charles County Public Schools (CCPS) website, www.ccboe.com and air on Comcast Channel 96 and Verizon FiOS Channel 12. CCPS will rebroadcast the meeting as well as post it on CCPSTV under the Board meeting tab at ccboe.com.
The Board is unable to make public forum live. Questions and comments can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions are provided to Board members. Board meetings are streamed live on the school system website at ccboe.com. Select the live stream image displayed in the center of the home page. The following is a tentative meeting agenda and is subject to change.
Executive session – 12 p.m.
Call to order – 1 p.m.
- Employee contract signing: Education Association of Charles County (EACC) and American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME)
Reports of officers/boards/committees
- Board Member correspondence
- EACC update
- AFSCME update
- Student Board Member update
- Draft equity policy
- Opening of schools
- Technology update
- SY 2021-2022 calendar
- Project status update
- School seat allocation
- FY 2021 Comprehensive Maintenance Plan
- Recurring resolutions
- American Education Week; American Freedom Week; Inclusion and Diversity Resolution; Black History Month; Gifted and Talented Education Month; Career and Technology Education Month; National School Counseling Week; Read Across America; Women’s History Month; Fine and Performing Arts Month; Month of the Young Child; National Student Leadership Week; Teacher Appreciation Week; Administrative Professionals Week; Child Nutrition Employee Appreciation Week; National Physical Education and Sport Week; Washington Post Principal of the Year Awards Program; Washington Post Teacher of the Year Awards Program; Maryland Teacher of the Year (MTOY): Charles County nominee; Be the Difference; Retirement Resolution
New business and future agenda items
- New business
- Suspension of Board policies
- Future agenda items
- Email written comments to email@example.com.
- FY 2021 CIP State and Local Program
- Recurring Resolutions
Charles County Public Schools provides 27,521 students in grades prekindergarten through 12 with an academically challenging education. Located in Southern Maryland, Charles County Public Schools has 37 schools that offer a technologically advanced, progressive and high quality education that builds character, equips for leadership and prepares students for life, careers and higher education.
The Charles County public school system does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability in its programs, activities or employment practices. For inquiries, please contact Kathy Kiessling, Title IX/ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (students) or Nikial Majors, Title IX/ADA/Section 504 coordinator (employees/ adults), at Charles County Public Schools, Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building, P.O. Box 2770, La Plata, MD 20646; 301-932-6610/301-870-3814. For special accommodations call 301-934-7230 or TDD 1-800-735-2258 two weeks prior to the event. CCPS provides nondiscriminatory equal access to school facilities in accordance with its Use of Facilities rules to designated youth groups (including, but not limited to, the Boy Scouts).