The Board of Education’s next regular meeting is 1 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 12. To maintain social distancing and safety guidelines, the Board will meet virtually for this meeting. The meeting will stream live on the Charles County Public Schools (CCPS) website, www.ccboe.com and air on Comcast Channel 96 and Verizon Fios Channel 12. CCPS will rebroadcast the meeting as well as post it on CCPSTV under the Board meeting tab at ccboe.com.
There is no live public forum. Questions and comments can be emailed to email@example.com by 6 p.m., Jan. 11. Submissions are provided to Board members. The following is a tentative meeting agenda and subject to change.
Executive session – 11:15 a.m.
Call to order – 1 p.m.
Election of Board chairperson and Board vice chairperson
Superintendent’s update to the Board
Reports of officers/boards/committees
- Board Member correspondence
- Education Association of Charles County (EACC) update
- American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME) update
- Student Board Member update
- Reopening of schools
- Project status update
- Implications of school seat allocation policy changes
- Superintendent’s proposed FY 2022 operating budget
- Legislative update
New business and future agenda items
- New business
- Suspension of Board policies
- Future agenda items
Virtual Recognition – 4:30 p.m.
- Resolutions: Black History Month, Career and Technical Education Month, Gifted and Talented Education Month, and National School Counseling Week
- 2021 January Exemplary Employees
- 2020 Washington Post Principal of the Year awards program: Orlena Whatley, principal, Dr. Samuel A. Mudd Elementary School
- 2020 Outstanding Support Staff Awards (four honorees to be featured at February 2021 meeting)
- Email written comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Charles County Public Schools provides 27,000 students in grades prekindergarten through 12 with an academically challenging education. Located in Southern Maryland, Charles County Public Schools has 37 schools that offer a technologically advanced, progressive and high quality education that builds character, equips for leadership and prepares students for life, careers and higher education.
The Charles County public school system does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability in its programs, activities or employment practices. For inquiries, please contact Kathy Kiessling, Title IX/ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (students) or Nikial Majors, Title IX/ADA/Section 504 coordinator (employees/ adults), at Charles County Public Schools, Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building, P.O. Box 2770, La Plata, MD 20646; 301-932-6610/301-870-3814. For special accommodations call 301-934-7230 or TDD 1-800-735-2258 two weeks prior to the event. CCPS provides nondiscriminatory equal access to school facilities in accordance with its Use of Facilities rules to designated youth groups (including, but not limited to, the Boy Scouts).