The Board of Education’s next monthly meeting is Tuesday, May 14, at the Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building on Radio Station Road in La Plata. The public portion of the meeting begins at 1 p.m. and student and staff recognition starts at 4:30 p.m. The meeting is televised live on Comcast Channel 96 and Verizon FiOS Channel 12 and is rebroadcast throughout the week. The meeting is also streamed live on the Charles County Public Schools Web site. Visit http://www2.ccboe.com/boe/live/ to watch the meeting.
Executive session – 12 p.m.
Call to order – 1 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance, JROTC, Maurice J. McDonough High School
Recognition of student liaisons
Reports of officers/boards/committees
- Correspondence/Board Member updates
- Education Association of Charles County update
- Student Board Member update
- Student athletes – state champions
- CIP update
- Educational facilities master plan
- Superintendent’s redistricting recommendation
- Credit recovery
- Common Core curriculum
New business and future agenda items
- New business – transfer of Pinefield unusable school sites to county government
- Future agenda items
Recognition – 4:30 p.m.
- Resolution – Washington Post Distinguished Educational Leadership award – Kimberly Hill
Public Forum – 6 p.m.
- Policy 6000
- Sadlier grammar workshop and SpringBoard reading and mathematics
Charles County Public Schools provides 26,700 students in grades prekindergarten through 12 with an academically challenging education. Located in Southern Maryland, Charles County Public Schools has 35 caring community schools that offer a technologically advanced, progressive and high quality education that builds character, equips for leadership and prepares students for life, careers and higher education.