The Board of Education’s next monthly meeting is Tuesday, June 9 at the Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building on Radio Station Road in La Plata. The public portion of the meeting begins at 1 p.m. and recognition starts at 4:30 p.m. The meeting is televised live on Comcast Channel 96 and Verizon FiOS Channel 12 and is rebroadcast throughout the week. Board meetings are also streamed live on the school system website at www.ccboe.com. Select CCPS TV and then choose the Live Broadcast tab. The following is a tentative meeting agenda and is subject to change.
Executive session – 12 p.m.
Call to order – 1 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance, St. Charles High School
Swearing-in of new Student Board member
Recognition of high school athletes
Reports of officers/boards/committees
- Correspondence/Board Member updates
- Education Association of Charles County update
- American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees update
- Student Board Member update
- Graduations 2015
- CIP update
- Partnership between CCPS and the College of Southern Maryland
- Legislative update
New business and future agenda items
- New business
- Future agenda items
Recognition – 4:30 p.m.
- Resolutions: Maryland/Charles County Teacher of the Year, Sarah Desrosiers, Life Skills teacher, Theodore G. Davis Middle School; Washington Post Agnes Meyer Outstanding Teacher Award, Gene Hopkins Jr., social studies teacher, Milton M. Somers Middle School
- Outstanding Vice Principal of the Year – Louis D’Ambrosio, William A. Diggs Elementary School
- Outstanding Support Staff – Victor Woodland, building service manager, Theodore G. Davis Middle School; Madonna Gaume, technology facilitator, C. Paul Barnhart Elementary School; Eric McElhenny, electronic technician, CCPS Radio Station Road Annex; Bijon Trice, secretary to the principal, John Hanson Middle School; Nghia Dang, computer analyst, Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building; and Renee Ward, head of accounts payable, Starkey Building.
Public Forum – 6 p.m.
- Educational Facilities Master Plan
- 2016-17 calendar
Charles County Public Schools provides 26,500 students in grades prekindergarten through 12 with an academically challenging education. Located in Southern Maryland, Charles County Public Schools has 36 schools that offer a technologically advanced, progressive and high quality education that builds character, equips for leadership and prepares students for life, careers and higher education.
The Charles County public school system does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability in its programs, activities or employment practices. For inquiries, please contact Dr. Patricia Vaira, Title IX/ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (students) or Pamela K. Murphy, Title IX/ADA/Section 504 coordinator (employees/ adults), at Charles County Public Schools, Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building, P.O. Box 2770, La Plata, MD 20646; 301-932-6610/301-870-3814. For special accommodations call 301-934-7230 or TDD 1-800-735-2258 two weeks prior to the event.