The Board of Education's next monthly meeting is Tuesday, August 13, at the Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building on Radio Station Road in La Plata. The public portion of the meeting begins at 1 p.m. and Public Forum is at 6 p.m. All Board meetings are televised live on Comcast Channel 96 and Verizon FiOS Channel 12, and rebroadcast throughout the week. Viewing schedules are available on the Charles County Public Schools website at www.ccboe.com.
Executive Session – 11 a.m.
Call to order – 1 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance
Reports of officers/boards/committees
- Correspondence/Board member updates
- Education Association of Charles County update
- Student Board Member update
- Opening of schools, athletics update
- State of evaluations
- CIP update
- FY 2015 CIP state and local CIP program
- School improvement
- Staffing update
- New website
- Recurring resolutions: American Education Week; American Freedom Week; African-American History Month; Gifted and Talented Education Month; Career and Technology Education Month; National School Counseling Week; Read Across America; Women's History Month; Fine and Performing Arts Month; Month of the Young Child; National Student Leadership Week; Teacher Appreciation Week; Administrative Professionals Week; Child Nutrition Employee Appreciation Week; National Physical Education and Sport Week; Washington Post Distinguished Educational Leader; Washington Post Agnes Meyer Outstanding Teacher Award; Charles County Teacher of the Year; and Employees' Retirement
- Cell phones
- Board members pay/reimbursement
New business and future agenda items
- New business
- Future agenda items
Public Forum – 6 p.m.
- Advanced Placement (AP) Spanish textbooks
Charles County Public Schools provides 26,700 students in grades prekindergarten through 12 with an academically challenging education. Located in Southern Maryland, Charles County Public Schools has 35 schools that offer a technologically advanced, progressive and high quality education that builds character, equips for leadership and prepares students for life, careers and higher education.