More than 26,800 students attend Charles County Public Schools.
Charles County Public Schools serves students from prekindergarten to grade 12. There are 21 elementary schools, eight middle schools and six high schools. Elementary schools include prekindergarten through grade 5; middle schools have grades six through eight; and high schools are grades nine through 12.
Charles County Public Schools has a diverse student population.
Enrollment by race:
- 52 percent African American
- 33.7 percent White
- 0.1 percent Native Hawaiian
- 5.3 percent Hispanic
- 5.3 percent Multiracial
- 3.1 percent Asian/Pacific Islander
- 0.6 percent American Indian/Alaskan
Enrollment by level:
- Elementary - 11,620
- Middle - 5,999
- High - 9,159
- More than 80 percent of Charles County graduates are heading for institutions of higher learning or a trade school.
- Students in the Class of 2012 were offered nearly $52 million in scholarships.