Office of Program Support
Registration for courses being offered for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credit and graduate credit are listed below. Information is updated for the fall, spring and summer sessions.
Online Registration Form
Find Available CPD Credit Courses
- CPD Courses offered by CCPS - Current Schedule
- ONLINE CPD COURSES:
- Reading and Inclusion Courses - General Information
- CPD Courses offered by nearby counties. They welcome teachers from Charles County.
Find College and University Courses
General CPD Course information
Registration for CCPS courses
Registration will remain open until 1 week before the class begins. Courses that do not have sufficient enrollment will be cancelled 1 week before the start date. Please be considerate and let the Office of Program Support know if you register and then do not plan to attend.
If you have registered for a CCPS course send payment of $50 per credit within two weeks of the first class to the Office of Program Support, Starkey Administration Building, attention Kim Schweitzer. Make checks payable to CCPS and put the name of the class as a note on the check.
When you register for a CPD course you will see online confirmation that the registration was submitted. You should later receive a confirmation e-mail indicating you have a seat in the course. If you have any questions contact Dawn Schaeffer at email@example.com
What is CPD Credit?
MSDE offers Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credit for courses that MSDE has approved to be taught at the county level. MSDE tracks CPD credit only for educators holding a Maryland Teaching Certificate. Six credits from CPD or college courses are required every five years in order to renew a Teaching Certificate. MSDE does not accept or track the credit for anyone who does not hold a Teaching Certificate.
- CCPS employees who hold a teaching certificate and are working in certificated positions have the forms processed and sent to Human Resources. The instructor signs, then staff development signs, then the forms are sent to HR. HR will send the participant a copy then hold the form on file until time to renew the certificate and submit to MSDE.
- CCPS employees who hold a teaching certificate but are not working in a certificated position or are retired must submit the form with original signatures to MSDE yourself. You should request the original form with both signatures. (301-392-7502)
- CCPS employees who do not hold a teaching certificate will receive a CPD form as a record of the professional development experience and a copy will be sent to HR for your file; but it will not be submitted to MSDE for credit.
- Non CCPS employees should request a CPD form with original signatures for their records and submit to either their school system or MSDE as needed. (301-392-7502)