Student members of the Charles County Association of Student Councils (CCASC) recently elected new officers for the 2012-13 school year.
The new CCASC officers are:
- Dion Anderson, president, junior, Westlake High School;
- Ciara Albrittain, first vice president, freshman, La Plata High School;
- Taylor Ivy, second vice president, eighth grader, John Hanson Middle School/rising freshman at North Point High School;
- Dasia Spriggs, secretary, junior, Westlake; and
- Joseph Perriello, middle school representative, seventh grade, Mattawoman Middle School.
The CCASC is an organization consisting of student leaders from the county's six high schools and eight middle schools. These students meet throughout the year to discuss issues and concerns, as well as provide input to school system leaders on programs and policies.
Charles County Public Schools provides 26,700 students in grades prekindergarten through 12 with an academically challenging education. Located in Southern Maryland, Charles County Public Schools has 35 caring community schools that offer a technologically advanced, progressive and high quality education that builds character, equips for leadership and prepares students for life, careers and higher education.
The Charles County public school system does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age or disability in its programs, activities or employment practices. For inquiries, please contact Dr. Patricia Vaira, Title IX Coordinator and Section 504 Coordinator (students), or Connie W. Armstead, Section 504 Coordinator (employees/adults), at Charles County Public Schools, Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building, P.O. Box 2770, La Plata, Maryland 20646; (301) 932-6610/870-3814. For special accommodations call (301) 934-7230 or TDD 1-800-735-2258 two weeks prior to the event.