The Board of Education's next monthly meeting is Tuesday, Oct. 9 at the Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building on Radio Station Road in La Plata. The public portion of the meeting begins at 1 p.m. and student and staff recognition starts at 4:30 p.m. The meeting is televised live on Comcast Channel 96 and Verizon FiOS Channel 12 and is rebroadcast throughout the week. All televised Board meetings are also streamed live on the school system website at http://www2.ccboe.com/boe/live/.
Executive session – 12 p.m.
Call to order – 1 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance, La Plata High School's JROTC unit
Sheriff's update – Charles County Sheriff Rex Coffey
Superintendent's update to the Board
- Selection of redistricting committee members
- Correspondence/Board member updates
- Education Association of Charles County update
- Student Board member update
- CIP update
- FY2012 Independent financial audit
- Budget update
- Annual Bridge to Excellence
- Gifted and Talented Education Month resolution
- Policy #5171.1 – Epi-pens
- Legislative positions 2013
New business and future agenda items
- New business
- Future agenda items
- Resolutions – American Education Week and American Freedom Week
- FY2013 Comprehensive Maintenance Plan
- Gifted and talented education policy
Charles County Public Schools provides 26,700 students in grades prekindergarten through 12 with an academically challenging education. Located in Southern Maryland, Charles County Public Schools has 35 caring community schools that offer a technologically advanced, progressive and high quality education that builds character, equips for leadership and prepares students for life, careers and higher education.
The Charles County public school system does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age or disability in its programs, activities or employment practices. For inquiries, please contact Dr. Patricia Vaira, Title IX Coordinator and Section 504 Coordinator (students), or Connie W. Armstead, Section 504 Coordinator (employees/adults), at Charles County Public Schools, Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building, P.O. Box 2770, La Plata, Maryland 20646; (301) 932-6610/870-3814. For special accommodations call (301) 934-7230 or TDD 1-800-735-2258 two weeks prior to the event.