Due to inclement weather reports, all after-school and evening activities for Charles County Public Schools have been canceled for today, Tuesday, Sept. 18.
Parents, students, staff and community members can be advised of any change to the school schedule in a variety of ways, including:
- Call the 24-hour information line at 301-934-7410/301-932-6656. The 24-hour information line is updated immediately when inclement weather decisions are made.
- Receive e-mail and text message notifications from the Citizen Notification Service (CNS). E-mail notification is free; standard text message rates by your cell phone carrier apply. Visit http://www.charlescountycns.com/ to sign up.
- Check the website at www.ccboe.com.
- Watch Comcast Channel 96 or Verizon FiOS Channel 12, the school system's educational television stations.
- Receive inclement weather announcements from Twitter. Visit www.twitter.com/ccps.
- Sign up for the Charles County Public Schools press releases subscriber list to receive instant e-mail notification. Visit www.ccboe.com/pr to subscribe advised to make a note of the changes in the 2012-13 Parent Handbook/Calendar.
The Charles County public school system does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age or disability in its programs, activities or employment practices. For inquiries, please contact Dr. Patricia Vaira, Title IX Coordinator and Section 504 Coordinator (students), or Connie W. Armstead, Section 504 Coordinator (employees/adults), at Charles County Public Schools, Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building, P.O. Box 2770, La Plata, Maryland 20646; (301) 932-6610/870-3814. For special accommodations call (301) 934-7230 or TDD 1-800-735-2258 two weeks prior to the event.