Division of Instruction
Staff Information about Curriculum
In the fall of 2009, Charles County Public Schools moved from Desire2learn (D2L) to Moodle as the system's Learning Management System (LMS). Desire2learn performed several functions for the school system which will now be done in the following ways:
- Curriculum will be available two ways.
- From school: All curriculum documents will be available on the network drive V:, which stands for Virtual Drive.
- From home: Staff will be able to access all curriculum documents by logging on to http://instruction.ccboe.com. This website is password protected. Staff will use their full assigned CCBOE email address as the username and their email password. Example: Username: CCBOE.COM/jsmith, Password: email password.
- Online Collaboration: http://moodle.ccboe.com
CCPS will use Moodle for online collaboration, online teaching, online professional development, online discussions, dropbox and other Web 2.0 tools. Individuals will be given a login for Moodle when registered for one of these activities. Principals interested in Moodle for staff or students should contact Katie Widener at x7260.
- File sharing for e-organizations (new V: drive)
CCPS will also use the network drive V: to create folders where staff groups can share files easily throughout the system. Only members of these groups will see the group folders. To access network drives, use the My Computer icon on your desktop or Start Menu.