Board of Education
- The Board believes parents/legal guardians, students, teachers, staff and administrators, board members, state and local elected officials, and the community share in the success of each individual student and the school system as a whole and, therefore, strives to create and nurture a collaborative relationship among all stakeholders.
- All students deserve an equal opportunity for a quality education.
- Intellectual growth occurs best:
- Through a comprehensive and challenging curriculum that incorporates scientifically proven pedagogical techniques.
- When parents/legal guardians, teachers, and students work collaboratively as equal partners in education.
- A wide range of co-curricular and extra-curricular activities affords students, families and employees additional opportunities for intellectual, social, physical, and emotional growth.
- There is value in diversity, and every student is endowed with unique talents and entitled to mutual respect.
- The ability of Charles County Public Schools to fulfill its mission is dependent upon comprehensive long- and short-term planning and appropriate and efficient managerial organization.
- A fiduciary responsibility to taxpayers exists and requires services rendered be appropriately tempered by fiscal responsibility.
The mission of Charles County Public Schools is to provide an opportunity for all school-aged children to receive an academically challenging, quality education that builds character, equips for leadership, and prepares for life, in an environment that is safe and conducive to learning.
The vision of Charles County Public Schools is to create the best environment where all students experience academic success, develop personal responsibility and achieve career readiness for the 21st century.